By-Laws submitted to the National Union for review and approval should be typed or printed on 8 ½ x 11 sized paper. To re-submit your By-Laws with changes, revisions and/or amendments, please take the following steps:
- Take each page of the By-Laws that needs to be changed, and mark the sections you want to change/revise.
- Retype the entire page with change(s) typed in.
- Underline the changes on the new page in red pencil or red ink. (If you deleted a portion of the old By-Law without substituting anything new for it, and therefore you have nothing to underline, make a note in red that the section was changed.)
- Insert the new page, with changes, into the By-Laws and discard the old page.
- Send one complete set of the revised By-Laws to the National Union. A report will be submitted to your Local Union after they have been processed.
- In addition, Local Unions are encouraged to submit By-Laws and amendments in electronic format.