STEP 1: ORGANIZE THE FACTS.
Once you have completed the investigation, prepare an outline for your report by organizing the facts in a logical order. Read through General Guidelines for Record-keeping.
STEP 2: WRITE A REPORT.
The investigation report should summarize the investigation. Remember, your report will be used to help determine how the complaint gets resolved. The report should include:
- summary of allegation and complainant’s statement
- summary of alleged harasser’s statement
- summary of witnesses’ statements
- summary of findings
- summary of proposed resolve
- name of each investigator and position in the union
Remember, your report should:
- be logical and easy to read
- provide substantiated proof
- offer specific recommendations (with reasons for the recommendations)
STEP 3: SUBMIT THE REPORT TO YOUR UNIT CHAIRPERSON.
Remember to maintain confidentiality when handling the report.